tabs

Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Classroom Project

"What do my students need in order to succeed this year?" was my thought Thursday evening as I was thinking about my next Donors Choose project. I began dreaming about all the nonfiction books I could ask for, magazine subscriptions for my students to help with their inquiry projects, or even money to take my students on a field trip we normally wouldn't be able to go on! The possibilities were endless and I couldn't let my dreams get ahead of me. I still had the next day to plan and prepare!

After a long day of school on Friday, I checked my email to receive a wonderful comment left on my post Choose Donors Choose! It seems that there are some wonderful people willing to help out teachers like me who are constantly looking for ways to benefit students without depleting our personal bank accounts!

So all weekend long, I thought about why I am deserving of more supplies in my classroom and how these additional funds would help me. After thinking about it, I came to the conclusion that it is not me that is deserving of more supplies in my classroom, it is my students who are deserving of more supplies in the classroom! Whether or not I win this contest, I can only hope that I continue to seek out a number of ways to get it for them. It could be another grant, Donors Choose, or even my personal money.

Sure, I hope I win something to help alleviate some of the financial stress of being a teacher. (Did you know that teachers spend their own money to provide some/most of the classroom supplies in a classroom?) But I will continue to dedicate my time and energy to the learning of my students, and will do whatever I can to provide the best education for them all!



Here are two pictures of our wonderful classroom! I believe that students learn best when an anchor chart is made with them. Students also have access to iPad Minis in our classroom and when we run out of room for all of the fabulous anchor charts, I make a QR code and post it on our walls so that students can continue to have access to them!

“The
USC’s
Masters of Arts in Teaching Campaign

Thanks for stopping by to read this post and helping me see that there are people advocating for us teachers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment